When preparing your home to hit the active market, it is important it is presented in the best possible light straight from the start. Jean will discuss with you what is needed to do this. She will work with you to present your home to the market in its best possible condition to yield top dollar. This may include helping to stage your home, with your belongings, or with items brought in by a professional stager.
Should you have minor repairs or major rehab needed, she will help you identify where your money is best spent, help you with contractors, and even oversee projects if needed.
She will help you identify what to do with all the stuff accumulated over the years, offer ideas for selling some, perhaps donate some, or maybe move some items to the curbside. If you must keep it, remember less is more and the way we live and the way we sell are two completely different things and it may be best to simply pack it away for your next destination.
To schedule an in-home evaluation contact Jean at JeanL@newalbanyrealty.com or 614-939-8937
Curb appeal is the first impression your home has to offer. It is a combination emotion, upkeep/maintenance and attention to detail. If your home lacks an inviting curb appeal, many prospective buyers will make their decision before even entering your home, IF they even look inside, or they will offer you less than deserved on price.
Improving your curb appeal, your first impression, doesn’t need to cost you an arm and a leg, especially if you have the time and desire to do a few things yourself. Here are a few tips to improve the exterior presence of your property.
1. Clutter- we look for a clean, pleasing entrance to your home, allowing Buyers to picture it as their own.
2. Entry - We often enter our homes from our garage or a back door, typically not from the front door.
The front door needs to be in good condition (replace if needed), freshly painted if needed, and in proper working order.
Remove most everything, including furniture, toys, wind chimes, & pots from the porch, power wash, repaint or touch up where needed, replace a few items.
3. Add color - A bright color can bring a home’s front door to life. It is important to choose colors that complement your home, meet any HOA requirements, and speaks to the masses.
4. Outdoor living spaces- If you have a porch, deck, patio, or garden areas, create added living spaces outdoors.
Outdoor rooms are becoming more and more popular and can be made cozy with an inexpensive indoor – outdoor rug, comfortable seating, barbecuing areas, and few flowers.
5. Paint - Repainting the outside of your home can be a costly endeavor, however worth every penny when listing your home. Both the siding as well as the trim should be given attention if needed. This will increase your curb appeal tenfold. These are just some of the improvements one can make to present their home in the best possible light to the future owners.
© 2024 Jean M. Lesnick | 220 Market Street New Albany, OH 43054 | 614-939-8937
Website by Marcy Design